Roasted Vegetables and Chicken Sausage
I LOVE vegetables, especially squash and zucchini. I can’t seem to get enough. Since I have been pregnant, I haven’t been able to keep down many fresh vegetables. So I’ve had to do primarily cooked vegetables. This is one of my favorite recipes. It is filling and very flavorful.
I created this recipe as a good way to get in my vegetables! I love cooking plant based (with a little meat here and there) and my hubby even likes this one, which means it’s got to be a winner!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large onion
- 10 asparagus
- 2 large peppers
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 Package organic chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lime- juiced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut all vegetables and sausage into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and sausage.
- In a separate smaller bowl mix all marinade ingredients until smooth. Pour into large bowl with vegetables and mix well.
- Once mixed, pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, mixing and turning every 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!